It would be very difficult to try and document every splendid moment Nate and I have had over the past few years, but I just want to provide you with a little blurb about how Nate and I came to be.
Nate and I met in August 2011. The story of how we met is quite a spiritual and personal experience for me, but I think I finally feel like it is something other people should know. I don't know, maybe there is someone out there that needs to hear this for some reason. I had graduated with my Bachelor's degree from the U of U in 2010, and landed me a grown up job in Cedar City. I ended up giving up that job and moved back to Salt Lake in April 2011. I felt pretty broken when I came home and was just unsure where I was supposed to be in life. One Sunday at church, a very dear friend of mine decided to drag me to the Temple Prep Sunday school class. I really did not want to go because I feared what people would start to expect from me if they saw me at Temple Prep. Well, she successfully dragged me, and I instantly fell in love with the class. At the end of the of the entire course, I wanted to go through the Temple so bad. I started to pray about this, and the answer I received to my question, was no. I felt so strongly that it was not the right time for me to go through, and it frustrated me so much, because I wanted to go though the Temple so badly. Well, about two weeks later, I was receiving some pretty strong feelings that I needed to join ldssingles.com and I was not too happy about feeling that way. Meeting someone online was something I never, ever expected for myself, so I tried to just push away those impressions. Well, when the spirit is trying to tell you something, you can't just push it away. This feelings I was having only became stronger and stronger, so I decided to follow the spirit, and join the site. There were a lot of weird people on there that tried to talk to me, but the day I saw that some boy, with a picture of his tongue hanging out of mouth, had viewed my profile, my life was changed. So many people on this web site posted glamour shots of themselves, but this boy posted a picture of him with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, and I was intrigued. Since he had viewed my profile, I decided to send him a message asking about his tongue hanging out of his mouth. We began to write to each other diligently for a few weeks. I have to say, this was a fantastic way to build a relationship with someone. We learned so much about each other, before we saw each other. I think we even wrote to each other on the site for a little while before we realized we had not actually told each other our real names. After a few weeks of writing, Nate asked it we could meet each other in person. I was ecstatic! But then I realized that I had to tell my parents what I had been up to, and that some boy was coming to pick me up to take me on a date. My parents were so happy to hear the news. They were in love with Nate after meeting him on our first date. Nate picked me up for the date, and I just could not stop talking to him. We went and got Jimmy Johns sandwiches, and went up to the State Capital building, where they were showing Tangled on a huge blow-up screen, on the hill. It was the weirdest thing that I knew on that first date, that Nate and I would be sealed together. I knew he was the one, and we had just met each other. The peace I felt in knowing this was amazing. I also felt strongly to just take my time, and let Nate figure this same thing out on his own. I truly know that the Lord led me directly to Nate. I can't even begin to tell you how many ways Nate is perfect in my eyes. Nate was able to take me through the Temple. We were married and sealed together in the Draper Temple on Thursday, August 2nd, 2012, and it was amazing. Seriously, if the spirit is telling you to do something, do it. You will be led to a very splendid moment.


Welcome back to blogging land!
ReplyDeleteLauren! You have a blog and you invited me to read it? I am so flattered! No really, how fun to be able to catch up with you. I love blogging but nobody seems to write any more! Keep up with it - you definitely won't regret it later on.
ReplyDeleteAll my love, ;)
Llama Lady
Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete